Sunday, November 30, 2008

Learn & Play @ CML Thing 17

The Google Docs features were pretty easy to use considering that I've used online blogging tools and MS Office at home and at work. To be honest I couldn't envision a situation where I would opt to use it over the tools I have at home or work. I'm also overly cautious where privacy is concerned so I can't see myself putting anything out into Google Docs that I "care" about. Though playing devil's advocate, it does present an interesting option as an offsite system backup for personal or work files.
I could see these tools being used to disseminate material to our customers. In CDD we've got a handful of documents that contain the basic content of the workshops we give such as our weeding workshop power point. If CML created a reader's advisory packet, or book group suggestions perhaps this could be one way in which that content is pushed out to patrons?

No comments: