Thursday, November 13, 2008

CML Learn & PLay Thing # 11

I'm glad Learn & Play gave me the nudge to set up a Library Thing account. I got to attend a session by the founder when I was at Bookexpo in LA in May. I went away from it very impressed with the data manipulation possibilities that might apply to collection development.
I found it very simple and straightforward to add books, and it was very easy to paste-it and edit and expand some book reviews I've previously written. I will admit I'm more than a little intimidated at the thought of the time it will take to catalog the thousands of books I own. One must begin somewhere:

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/AirstreamModerne

My only Library Thing regret was not rushing the stage at Bookexpo to grab one of the dozen or so free barcode readers that Tim Spalding gave away.

No comments: