Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Learn & Play @ CML Thing 16

Boy, after blogging and futzing around in the Camaro Wiki it was pretty easy to plunge into the CML PBwiki page and start wikiing. I linked my blog and the end then hit some of the "faves" categories. I added some favorite albums which did nothing but reveal my age and musical decrepitude. //http://learnandplaycml.pbwiki.com/Favorite+Album

Since CML would flatline in less than 24 hours if lunch were missed I also added to the favorite restaurants page. I couched mine as a hypothetical recommendation to someone visiting Tesch Services here at the Ops Center. Here in Collection Development we visit every location in the system at least once annually so by default we've also created a de-facto cook's tour of Cowtown. We usually rely on branch staff recommendations, or our own collective memory to choose the spot, but we also tend to crave the new and eschew the rut. My utopian dream: a CMLeats Wiki!!!!!!!!! Organized geographically (for my convenience) with realtime raves & rants (& what the hell, while I'm dreaming--menu links), and directions. This could also be a fun Web 2.0 thingy to share during new staff orientation. I've added my four.
http://learnandplaycml.pbwiki.com/Favorite-Restaurants

No comments: