Saturday, July 7, 2012

Knick Knacks

I won't feel that our Cruisette restoration is complete until it is stocked with vintage gear.  Ebay is the obvious source, but I've recently been told that spending 26 hours per day--I know, I know, "theoretically" impossible--surfing for cool stuff leads to way too many "But I might never find another one" incidents.  Paypal will rat you out to your wife.  Still, if you keep your eyes open you can find neat stuff in unexpected places.  Sometimes for free.  Here's some of the really boss knick knacks that will help me sweat the details in our Cruisette:

The toothpicks were a buck and a half at the grocery store and have great retro-style graphics.  The match box almost got thrown out, but it hit me; after years spent lighting our hibachi that the box looks far older than it really is, and again I dig the old looking logo.  The 40's era Coleman funnel took some waiting because I wanted one with a decent box.  I intend full well to use it with our vintage lantern. 


The Phillips 66 license plate topper is one of those things I never knew I "needed" till I started cruising the 'Bay.  It wasn't well described so I got it (way) under market value--still not cheap (maybe THAT'S what added the words "Ebay moritorium" to the household vocabulary)--and will look dreamy with our YOM license plate.   The 1952 dated Folger's can was in my Dad's basement holding nails.  No I didn't just dump them on the floor!
Finally a sweet chrome towel bar from the 50's that I found wrapped in spider webs in the cellar at the family farm.  Tim: 1  Spiders: 0

No comments: