Monday, December 1, 2008

Learn & PLay @ CML Thing 19

I'll concur with the top posting about Mozilla Firefox--It flat-out mops the floor with MSIE. I have been using it almost exclusively for about a year now. Things like the session restart option say to me that the designers give a damn about the end user by sweating the details. I initially got exposed to it at work because it would work with our primary vendor's database when Explorer wouldn't. I get mixed feelings when raving about it to someone because I fear that if too many people start using it that malicious hacker-scum out there will see it as a bigger target, reducing its security advantage over MSIE.
Many of the power tools I've already used as part of this program. I looked at 2 that I hadn't seen before. I'm pretty certain that I'm far too square to be the artsy-fartsy target demographic for BoingBoing. The site MAKE was utterly fascinating--not that I understood how a lot of the stuff works--in the way that people DIY technology.

No comments: