Monday, December 1, 2008

Learn & Play @ CML Thing 23

This post will close out one aspect of this blog, ie. the work-driven project called Learn & Play. Of all of the staff development oriented projects we've had here at CML in my 22 years this has been by far the best. I found that I wanted to complete it incentives be damned. I also appreciated the self-driven nature of the course. Some of the exercises were grounded in familiar topics such as podcasts, but others were quite novel. I've always found myself slow to embrace new tech, though not tech averse. I found myself pleasantly surprised at my level of tech proficiency.
When I first heard about blogging (years ago)I found that it didn't hold much interest, and I absolutely loathed the term (I hate most newly coined geek terms), but after L&P I find myself a disciple. My blog will continue, as I built it around an ongoing element of my life. Kudos to LibraryJoy and the rest of the Learn & Play folks for a fantastic project.

No comments: